I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please click my Disclosure Policy to learn more
Last Updated on
Who wouldn’t want a bathroom that is relaxing and spa inspired?
One of the easiest ways to create a peaceful bathroom is with spa like paint colors. By using soothing and calming paint colors on your bathroom walls, it will create a space you will look forward to using.
As you may know, I have been working on our office bathroom renovation. I just picked out the bathroom floor tiles and now I’m currently looking into paint colors for small bathrooms, specifically spa-like paint colors.
Even though it is only a small bathroom nonetheless, in an office, I still want it to have a calming spa vibe.
As much as I love colorfully painted walls, there is something about having your bathroom walls painted a soft, neutral color that just draws you in. I have the perfect neutral gray paint color Repose gray by Sherwin Williams on my bathroom walls in my home and it gives the room such a relaxing feel.
Think about it, you had a long exhausting day at work and all you want to do is to come home and relax. Walking into a bathroom with walls painted fire engine red is not going to give you the relaxation you are looking for.
The same goes for walking into your bathroom after you wake up in the morning. You want to ease into waking up with bathroom paint colors that are easy on the eyes first thing in the morning.
Don’t start painting until you have the right tools!
SHOP MUST HAVE PAINTING TOOLS
So what are the best spa colors for a bathroom?
Before we dive into the best spa like paint colors, I want to go over the right paint for a bathroom that should be used.
Paints come in different finishes, flat, matte, eggshell, satin, semi-gloss and gloss. Each finish serves a different purpose and should be used accordingly to get the most out our your paint color.
- Flat is a low-sheen paint with a non-reflective finish that touches up well and hides minor surface imperfections. This paint tends to hold on to dirt making it harder to clean.
- Ideal for low traffic areas and ceilings.
- Matte has a low luster reflective finish that is durable, easy to clean, touches up well, and also hides minor surface imperfections.
- Ideal for low to moderate traffic areas, such as bedrooms, and interior walls.
- Eggshell balances matte and glossiness fairly evenly, though the exact sheen varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. This amount of gloss makes painted walls easy to clean with a damp cloth.
- Ideal for bedrooms, living rooms, and dining rooms.
- Satin Enamel has a soft pearl-like appearance and is a great choice for painting moderate to high traffic areas or areas that have some exposure to moisture, such as kitchens or baths. A satin finish is easier to clean than a flat sheen.
- Ideal for kitchens, laundry rooms, bathrooms, hallways, kid’s rooms, mudrooms, family rooms.
- Semi-Gloss Enamel has a sleek, radiant appearance that is great for cabinets and trim, high-traffic areas, and high-moisture areas. High gloss paint is extremely easy to clean.
- Ideal for trim & molding, kitchen cabinets, doors, and woodwork.
- Hi-Gloss Enamel creates a brilliant, shiny appearance with a glass-like finish. Gloss paint is the easiest to clean. This is great for high-use surfaces.
- Ideal for furniture, doors, cabinets.
To sum up paint finishes, going with a satin or semi-gloss in your bathroom is the best bet. They will work the best with the moisture bathrooms are exposed too.
Check out these extremely helpful pro painting tips before painting your bathroom.
Now that the technical stuff is out of the way, let’s talk spa like paint colors for bathrooms.
When I think of spa bath colors, I immediately think of the color blue. Blue paint colors are calming and have a serene feel to them.
By using blue paint colors, you create the ideal relaxing, spa-like bathroom retreat.
The Best Blue Spa Like Paint Colors for Bathrooms
Green is another one of the soothing bathroom colors. Lighter greens such as sage and mint are some of the best spa paint colors to use in a bathroom. They promote a feeling of relaxation.
The Best Green Spa Like Paint Colors for Bathrooms
Gray paint colors are the perfect neutral for any space, especially spa bathrooms. Gray walls will work with any other colors you have in your bathroom. They also work well with other grays to create a beautiful monotone look.
The Best Gray Spa Like Paint Colors for Bathrooms
Beige is a great spa like paint color for the reason that it has a cozy feel to it. Cozy may not be the first word that comes to mind when thinking about spa bathrooms however, when you are feeling relaxed and rested nine times out of ten you are cozy as well.
The Best Beige Spa Like Paint Colors for Bathrooms
White paint in a bathroom can sometimes feel a bit cold and stark. However, when you are looking to introduce spa elements into your bathroom, white can be the perfect paint color to do so. It allows you to use other soothing colors in the accessories of the room.
The Best White Spa Like Paint Colors for Bathrooms
Each and every one of these colors is great bathroom paint colors. Whether you go with blue, green or white, the softer tones will surely promote calmness and relaxation, both key factors when you are deciding on the perfect spa-like paint colors for your bathroom.
I’d be mad at myself if I didn’t mention my absolute favorite off-white SW paint color – Alabaster.
Looking for an easier way to swatch paint colors? Try Samplize Peel & Stick paint samples. These peel & stick paint samples let you test a paint color in all different areas of a room. You know how I feel about testing paint colors in all lighting situations. And the best part about Samplize? They are mess-free! Check them out for yourself, you won’t be disappointed.
Looking for more color inspiration?
- Amazing Sherwin Williams Grays
- No-Fuss Benjamin Moore Gray Paint Colors
- The Best Neutral Paint Colors
- Fabulous Home Office Paint Colors
Before you go, Grab your FREE Interior Painting Checklist!