I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please click my Disclosure Policy to learn more
Last Updated on
Who wouldn’t want a bathroom that is relaxing and spa inspired?
One of the easiest ways to create a peaceful bathroom is with spa like paint colors. By using soothing and calming paint colors on your bathroom walls, it will create a space you will look forward to using.
As you may know, I have been working on our office bathroom renovation. I just picked out the bathroom floor tiles and now I’m currently looking into paint colors for small bathrooms, specifically spa-like paint colors.
Even though it is only a small bathroom nonetheless, in an office, I still want it to have a calming spa vibe.
As much as I love colorfully painted walls, there is something about having your bathroom walls painted a soft, neutral color that just draws you in. I have the perfect neutral gray paint color Repose gray by Sherwin Williams on my bathroom walls in my home and it gives the room such a relaxing feel.
Think about it, you had a long exhausting day at work and all you want to do is to come home and relax. Walking into a bathroom with walls painted fire engine red is not going to give you the relaxation you are looking for.
The same goes for walking into your bathroom after you wake up in the morning. You want to ease into waking up with bathroom paint colors that are easy on the eyes first thing in the morning.
So what are the best spa colors for a bathroom?
Before we dive into the best spa like paint colors, I want to go over the right paint for a bathroom that should be used.
Paints come in different finishes, flat, matte, eggshell, satin, semi-gloss and gloss. Each finish serves a different purpose and should be used accordingly to get the most out our your paint color.
- Flat is a low-sheen paint with a non-reflective finish that touches up well and hides minor surface imperfections. This paint tends to hold on to dirt making it harder to clean.
- Ideal for low traffic areas and ceilings.
- Matte has a low luster reflective finish that is durable, easy to clean, touches up well, and also hides minor surface imperfections.
- Ideal for low to moderate traffic areas, such as bedrooms, and interior walls.
- Eggshell balances matte and glossiness fairly evenly, though the exact sheen varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. This amount of gloss makes painted walls easy to clean with a damp cloth.
- Ideal for bedrooms, living rooms, and dining rooms.
- Satin Enamel has a soft pearl-like appearance and is a great choice for painting moderate to high traffic areas or areas that have some exposure to moisture, such as kitchens or baths. A satin finish is easier to clean than a flat sheen.
- Ideal for kitchens, laundry rooms, bathrooms, hallways, kid’s rooms, mudrooms, family rooms.
- Semi-Gloss Enamel has a sleek, radiant appearance that is great for cabinets and trim, high-traffic areas, and high-moisture areas. High gloss paint is extremely easy to clean.
- Ideal for trim & molding, kitchen cabinets, doors, and woodwork.
- Hi-Gloss Enamel creates a brilliant, shiny appearance with a glass-like finish. Gloss paint is the easiest to clean. This is great for high-use surfaces.
- Ideal for furniture, doors, cabinets.
To sum up paint finishes, going with a satin or semi-gloss in your bathroom is the best bet. They will work the best with the moisture bathrooms are exposed too.
The Best Blue Spa Like Paint Colors for Bathrooms
Windy Sky by Benjamin Moore 1639
Lullaby By Sherwin Williams SW 9136
Tradewind by Sherwin Williams SW 6218
The Best Green Spa Like Paint Colors for Bathrooms
Sea Salt by Sherwin Williams SW 6204
Window Pane by Sherwin Williams SW6210
Green Tint by Benjamin Moore 2139-60
Gray paint colors are the perfect neutral for any space, especially spa bathrooms. Gray walls will work with any other colors you have in your bathroom. They also work well with other grays to create a beautiful monotone look.
The Best Gray Spa Like Paint Colors for Bathrooms
Gray Owl by Benjamin Moore OC-52
Silver Strand by Sherwin Williams SW 7057
Passive Gray by Sherwin Williams SW 7064
The Best Beige Spa Like Paint Colors for Bathrooms
Shoji White by Sherwin Williams SW 7042
Grant Beige by Benjamin Moore
French Macaroon by Benjamin Moore CSP-335
The Best White Spa Like Paint Colors for Bathrooms
Decorator’s White by Benjamin Moore CC-20
Pure White by Sherwin Williams 7005
Highly Reflective White by Sherwin Williams 7757
Each and every one of these colors is great bathroom paint colors. Whether you go with blue, green or white, the softer tones will surely promote calmness and relaxation, both key factors when you are deciding on the perfect spa-like paint colors for your bathroom.
I’d be mad at myself if I didn’t mention my absolute favorite off-white SW paint color – Alabaster.
Looking for an easier way to swatch paint colors? Try Samplize Peel & Stick paint samples. These peel & stick paint samples let you test a paint color in all different areas of a room. You know how I feel about testing paint colors in all lighting situations. And the best part about Samplize? They are mess-free! Check them out for yourself, you won’t be disappointed.
Before you go, Grab your FREE Interior Painting Checklist!